E-mail your news tips and press releases to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our executive editor and CEO is Robin Kemp.
Call or text us with breaking news at (404) 547-1171.
For highly sensitive stories requiring extensive investigation, mail your documents to:
The Clayton Crescent
118 Stockbridge Road, Ste. 106
Jonesboro, GA 30236
We use Signal for encrypted communications. We cannot guarantee 100% security but encrypted messages are more secure than regular e-mail or texts. Anonymity is only considered in the rarest of cases and in accordance with SPJ Ethics Committee guidelines. We vet all sources to understand their reasons for coming forward. Consult your legal advisor.
We welcome your news tips!
Some rules do apply to more complex stories:
- We are less interested in gossip (who got drunk, who’s sleeping with whom) than public corruption (elected official indicted, appointed director skimming off contracts).
- We do not endorse any political campaign or candidate for elected office.
- We do not grant anonymity except in extremely rare cases. Before you ask, please review the Society for Professional Journalism Ethics Committee Position Paper on how we handle anonymous sources to understand why this is. You understand that the decision is ours to make. You also understand that anonymity does not mean that we cannot guarantee that some third party might learn your identity. If you are a government employee, you should consult with an outside attorney and familiarize yourself with Georgia and federal whistleblower protections before deciding to come forward.
- Before we discuss anonymity, we need to know who you are and your relationship to the subject of your tip.
- We do not engage in quid pro quo (e.g., you’ll give us a donation if we do a story about X).
- If you make a serious allegation, back it up with receipts–documents that prove what you say is true.
- If you have copies of relevant documents, please send them to us.
We adhere to the SPJ Code of Ethics.
PR people: Please review the kinds of stories we cover before sending unsolicited pitches or linkback requests.
We do not accept unsolicited story submissions.
We do not endorse political candidates.
We are open to paid sponsorships, which are similar to advertisements. All sponsorship ads must be approved by the Board of Trust in advance and adhere to production specifications. The editorial department does not handle sponsorship requests. Please call (678) 395-3618 or send written inquiries to The Clayton Crescent, ATTN: Sponsorships, 7742 Spalding Drive, #209, Norcross, GA 30092.