Governor Brian Kemp has extended the state excise tax on gasoline sales just in time for Memorial Day weekend.
Kemp issued an executive order suspending the fuel sales tax and extended the existing state of emergency for supply chain disruptions through 11:59 p.m. on July 14.
Kemp blamed President Joe Biden for current inflation problems and supply chain issues.
Gas prices were over $4 per gallon for regular unleaded along Tara Boulevard today. At press time, GasBuddy.com showed these stations with the lowest prices in Clayton County. Please note prices may have changed since the last user update:
- $3.92: QuikTrip, 2881 Ellenwood Road, Ellenwood
- $3.94: QuikTrip, 4571 Old Dixie Road, Forest Park
- $3.94: RaceTrac, 132 Forest Pkwy., Forest Park
- $3.94: Chevron, 4578 Old Dixie Road, Forest Park
- $3.98: BP, 4950 Old Dixie Hwy., Forest Park
- $3.98: Exxon, 7297 Tara Blvd., Jonesboro
- $3.99: Citgo, 10506 Tara Blvd., Jonesboro
- $3.99: Citgo, 11350 Tara Blvd., Lovejoy
- $3.99: Texaco, 6551 GA Hwy. 42, Rex
The American Automobile Association (AAA) shows the average gas price in Georgia is $4.137 per gallon, versus the national average of $4.60 per gallon. Here’s a breakdown by select counties:
- Clayton: $4.129
- Dekalb: $4.151
- Fulton: $4.259
- Henry: $4.121
- Fayette: $4.128
- Douglas: $4.114
- Bibb: $4.116
- Columbia: $4.058
- Richmond: $4.15
- Chatham: $4.152
- Liberty: $4.139
- McIntosh: $4.329
- Effingham: $4.076
- Glynn: $4.26
- Camden: $4.245
- Lowndes: $4.122
Scan the QR code to download the GasBuddy app to your mobile device.