WIGO-AM 1570 and Phoenix Media will present “The Voice of the People Candidate Forum” on Wednesday, April 20, from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. The event features candidates running for county, state, and federal offices and will be livestreamed on Phoenix Media Group’s website and simulcast on WIGO-AM 1570. The Youth Voter Project is cosponsoring this event.
Candidates for office who have confirmed they will take part as of press time include:
- U.S. House District 5: Valencia Stovall (2012-2020 campaign finance reports)
- Georgia Labor Commissioner: Kartik Bhatt, Nicole Horn (2021-2022 campaign finance reports; latest filings)
- Georgia Public Service Commission District 3 (Metro Atlanta): Missy Moore
- Georgia Senate District 35: Whitney Kenner Jones (2022 campaign finance reports)
- Georgia House District 78: Attania Jean-Funny (2019-2021 campaign finance reports)
- Georgia House District 61 (Fulton County): Roger Bruce (2006-2021 campaign finance reports), Robert Dawson (local filer), Monique McCoy
- Clayton County Board of Commissioners District 1: Alaina Reaves
- Clayton County Board of Education District 1: Jasmine Bowles (local filer)
The event takes place at The BBQ Spot, 1375 Mt. Zion Road, Morrow, which is owned by Darrell Kelley, “renowned recording artist, social activist, and author.”
The Clayton Crescent’s Robin Kemp and The Atlanta Voice‘s Janis Ware are among the moderators.
Participants paid a fee to take part in the debate. The Clayton Crescent does not receive any money for moderating the panel. The Clayton Crescent does not endorse political candidiates.