by Robin Kemp
6 pm: Forest Park City Council work session (agenda packet) Watch the livestream on YouTube and Facebook Live.
7 pm: Forest Park City Council Regular Meeting (agenda packet) Watch the livestream on YouTube and Facebook Live. On the agenda:
- a resolution to accept a state pay supplement for police, fire, and EMS from the Fiscal and Recovery Funds for Public Safety Officials and First Responders Pay Supplement
- a vote on whether to reallocate TAD money for infrastructure at the Gillem Logistics Center
- a vote to crack down on rental property maintenance through a new inspection program
- approval of appointees to the Downtown Development Authority and the Urban Redevelopment Authority.
5:30 pm: Clayton County Board of Commissioners Work Session. On the agenda: http://claytoncountyga.iqm2.
- Monthly Financial Report
- MARTA First Quarter Jurisdictional Briefing
- an update on spending and project statuses for State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds (ARPA)
- a discussion of SB 49, a bill that allows applicants for building permits to hire private plan reviewers to speed up a project.
- a presentation on Small Business & Entrepreneur Training by the Clayton County Chamber of Commerce
9 am: Clayton County Civil Service Board meets via Zoom. Two Clayton County Sheriff’s deputies told the Board of Commissioners last week that their termination appeals have been put off for months. They said it’s because Sheriff Victor Hill doesn’t want to be called to testify as a witness and accuse Hill of singling them out for serial demotions and creating a climate of intimidation within CCSO. Hill himself is under suspension by Gov. Brian Kemp while a federal case accusing him of using restraint chairs to punish pretrial detainees is before the U.S. District Court of Northern Georgia. Hill has pleaded not guilty. His attorneys say the statutory deadline for the governor’s suspension has passed and that Hill should be reinstated immediately. Register in advance for meeting access: https://us02web.zoom.us/
5:30 pm: Forest Park Development Authority meets. No agenda was available as of press time. The Forest Park City Council and Mayor Angelyne Butler have added several appointees to development boards this month, including business owners who made donations to Butler’s reelection campaign and/or who own property downtown.
10 am-4pm: ATLAirport Career Fair , sponsored by Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport’s Aviation Department. Register online at https://www.atl.com/careerfair
5:30 pm: The Forest Park Downtown Development Authority meets. No agenda was available as of press time.
6 pm: The Forest Park Urban Redevelopment Authority meets. No agenda was available as of press time.
2 pm: Vaccinate Clayton Virtual Town Hall Meeting. Separate the myths from the facts about COVID-19 vaccination by submitting your questions to the panel.
Send updates, additions, or corrections to email@example.com