by Robin Kemp
Here’s the weekly roundup for the week of January 31, 2022:
- 5 p.m.: The Clayton County Board of Education holds a virtual work session. Spanish and Vietnamese speakers must request interpreters by 4 p.m. Use the link to join the online meeting: https://bit.ly/3AKCAWv
- 5 p.m.: La Junta de Educación del Condado de Clayton realiza una sesión de trabajo virtual. Los hablantes de español y vietnamita deben solicitar intérpretes antes de las 4 p.m. Use esto enlace para registrarse en línea: https://bit.ly/3resium
- 5 giờ chiều: Hội đồng Giáo dục Quận Clayton tổ chức một buổi làm việc ảo. Người nói tiếng Tây Ban Nha và tiếng Việt phải yêu cầu thông dịch viên trước 4 giờ chiều. Dăng ký trực tuyến: https://bit.ly/3soasor
If you miss the meeting, you can watch the recording on CCPS’ website, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube channels, or on CCPS Channel 24 Online. Board of Education redistricting is on the agenda.
- 6 p.m.: State Rep. Sandra Scott and Abigail Harris host an online community discussion panel on HR 78: Declaring Racism a Public Health Crisis. Join at https://bit.ly/3J8TxwT or call in at (646) 876-9923, using meeting ID 816-6372-5275 and passcode 998642.
- This is the last day to fix and publish qualifying fees for offices in the 2022 election cycle.
- 9:30 a.m.: The Georgia Public Service Commission holds an administrative session at 244 Washington Street, Room 110. Clayton County is in District 3 and is represented by Fitz Johnson.
- 4:30 p.m.: The Jonesboro Design Review Commission meets at City Hall, 124 North Avenue. The agenda was not published as of press time.
- 6:30 p.m.: The Clayton County Board of Commissioners holds its business meeting at 112 Smith Street, Jonesboro. On the agenda is a request to rescind an emergency purchase contract (#21-266) with Old Dominion Freight Line for emergency maintenance repairs to the Conley Creek Bridge. The reason: “due to the Supplier [sic] unwillingness to execute the County’s contract based upon the services required and not having the adequate resources to perform.”
- 10 a.m.: District 3 Commissioner Felicia Franklin holds a Town Hall meeting via Zoom. Register in advance by calling (770) 473-5465, e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or visiting https://bit.ly/32PbSPY
Send your events at least one week in advance to email@example.com with the subject heading ROUNDUP. Be sure to include the date, time, and location of your meeting in the body of your e-mail and attach a graphic/photo if possible.