by Robin Kemp
Here’s the weekly roundup for the week of January 31, 2022:
- 5 p.m.: The Clayton County Board of Education holds a virtual work session. Spanish and Vietnamese speakers must request interpreters by 4 p.m. Use the link to join the online meeting: https://bit.ly/3AKCAWv
- 5 p.m.: La Junta de Educación del Condado de Clayton realiza una sesión de trabajo virtual. Los hablantes de español y vietnamita deben solicitar intérpretes antes de las 4 p.m. Use esto enlace para registrarse en línea: https://bit.ly/3resium
- 5 giờ chiều: Hội đồng Giáo dục Quận Clayton tổ chức một buổi làm việc ảo. Người nói tiếng Tây Ban Nha và tiếng Việt phải yêu cầu thông dịch viên trước 4 giờ chiều. Dăng ký trực tuyến: https://bit.ly/3soasor
- 6 p.m.: State Rep. Sandra Scott and Abigail Harris host an online community discussion panel on HR 78: Declaring Racism a Public Health Crisis. Join at https://bit.ly/3J8TxwT or call in at (646) 876-9923, using meeting ID 816-6372-5275 and passcode 998642.
- This is the last day to fix and publish qualifying fees for offices in the 2022 election cycle.
- 9:30 a.m.: The Georgia Public Service Commission holds an administrative session at 244 Washington Street, Room 110. Clayton County is in District 3 and is represented by Fitz Johnson.
- 4:30 p.m.: The Jonesboro Design Review Commission meets at City Hall, 124 North Avenue. The agenda was not published as of press time.
- 6:30 p.m.: The Clayton County Board of Commissioners holds its business meeting at 112 Smith Street, Jonesboro. On the agenda is a request to rescind an emergency purchase contract (#21-266) with Old Dominion Freight Line for emergency maintenance repairs to the Conley Creek Bridge. The reason: “due to the Supplier [sic] unwillingness to execute the County’s contract based upon the services required and not having the adequate resources to perform.”
- 10 a.m.: District 3 Commissioner Felicia Franklin holds a Town Hall meeting via Zoom. Register in advance by calling (770) 473-5465, e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or visiting https://bit.ly/32PbSPY
Send your events at least one week in advance to email@example.com with the subject heading ROUNDUP. Be sure to include the date, time, and location of your meeting in the body of your e-mail and attach a graphic/photo if possible.