by Robin Kemp
Clayton County Probate Court Judge Pam Ferguson says the court will be moving temporarily to the second floor of the Historic Courthouse, Annex II, at 121 South McDonough Street in Jonesboro while repairs are made at Annex III.
From September 7 through September 10, 2021, Probate Court will continue its regular functions and honor all appointments. The only exception is that walk-in requests for Weapons Carry Licenses will not be taken during the temporary move. People who have appointments for Weapons Carry Licenses will be able to come in as usual.
Here’s a breakdown:
- Appointments for this week will be honored.
- Walk-ins accepted.
- All filings, including new petitions and Orders to Apprehend, will be accepted.
- You can find many estates-related forms and documents at https://www.georgiaprobaterecords.com
- Clerks will have limited access to paper files. Such documents requested by the public will be uploaded to Georgia Probate Records. They will be available to all who request them by close of business on September 15, 2021.
- Appointments for this week will be honored, including those for:
- Weapons Carry Licenses
- Marriage Licenses
- Single Letters
- VA Business Licenses
- Certified copy requests (preordered and paid in full) are expected to take 48 hours.
- No walk-ins for Weapons Carry Licenses during the temporary move. Walk-ins will resume when Probate Court moves back to Annex III.
Probate Court should be back in its own offices and all services should be up and running on Monday, September 13.
The Clayton Crescent appreciates your support to keep this award-winning news service growing! Your gift of any amount, up to $3000, will be matched by two generous donors through September 17, 2021. Please consider making a monthly pledge of $10 or more, or a one-time gift of $100, and become a member! You’ll not only get access to special member-only events–you’ll also help keep the news open to all Clayton County residents! Make your tax-deductible donation online now at donorbox.org/clayton-crescent. Thank you!