by Robin Kemp
If you live in Jonesboro or Forest Park, your local government wants to know how you want it to spend your tax dollars.
Forest Park is asking for input on how to spend American Rescue Fund dollars. Residents and business owners are invited to take a very short online survey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ForestParkARF. You’ll be asked to rank how you want the city to spend that money. Possible choices include:
- green space
- utility/rental assistance
- blight/demolition of old or abandoned structures
- maintaining city services, roads, and sidewalks
- facility improvements (parks, City Hall, etc.)
- broadband assistance
- any area where help would be more needed than the items listed above
Jonesboro is asking residents to visit its new online hub to give input on “Jonesboro Forward,” the city’s updated comprehensive plan. Those who take part will help set the city’s priorities for the next five years for:
- land use and development
- infrastructure improvements
- economic growth
If you sign up, says City Manager Ricky Clark, “you will also receive periodic updates during the process and will have the opportunity to review draft documents and provide feedback to the steering committee.” The Atlanta Regional Commission is helping the city with this consensus-building project.