by Robin Kemp
The Morrow City Council holds its regular meeting tonight, Tuesday, January 26, 2020 at 7:30 p.m. The regular meeting is bookended by the work session, starting at 6:30 and continuing after the regular meeting.
Last night, the city accidentally uploaded the work session agenda to the regular meeting agenda link, but corrected the error in time for tonight’s meeting. The Clayton Crescent wanted to update readers with the agenda items:
- On the consent agenda are approval of the work session and regular meeting minutes of January 12.
- William Piper will be sworn in as Fire Marshall
- Nancy Hargus is up for appointment to the Urban Redevelopment Agency
- Diane McDonald and Claire Vann are up for appointment to the Planning and Zoning Board
- Under New Business, there will be votes on:
- whether the city should enter a contract with the Morrow Convention and Tourism Association, a direct marketing organization (DMO), with approval for Mayor Pro Tem Van T. Tran, not Mayor John Lampl, to execute the agreement.
- whether to approve Public Works’ recommendation for a $50,640 renovation proposal by Mia Quality Inc.
- whether to spend $94,681.54 in 2014 SPLOST funds on the Community Garden Project
- whether to approve Public Works’ recommendation that Johnson Controls fix the Morrow Center HVAC system for $16,910.18 plus $12,017 for a two-year maintenance agreement
- approve a Memorandum of Agreement with the Clayton County Public Health Department (District 3-3) for a COVID-19 testing site at 5900 Reynolds Road
- Tonight will be a second reading of an ordinance amending the Public Works Supervisor job description and changing the pay classification designation.