by Robin Kemp
The City of East Point’s City Council will hold a meeting on Monday, December 21 at 6:30 p.m., which will be livestreamed on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/cityofeastpoint and on the city’s website at https://livestream.com/cityofeastpoint.
To listen to the meeting by phone, dial (929) 205-6099 and enter webinar ID #827 5713 3403.
On the agenda is a PLanning and Community Development hearing about an ordinance that would grant a Special Use Permit for 2442 Plantation Drive, which is currently zoned R-1 (Single Family Dwelling).
That’s followed by public comment, then the consent agenda, which includes:
- a $120,000 “Council Review and Approval to Piggyback Off of Cobb County FY 18 -FY 19 Sewer Root Control Contract (Supplemental Agreement No. 2) Awarded to Duke’s Root Control, Inc.” for mandatory root removal
- $132,385 for a Hydra-Stop Insta-Valve 250 4″-12″ Valve Insertion Machine, parts, and training for the Water and Sewer Department to fix major leaks without having to wait for contractors
- approval to buy car parts from NAPA using a state contract
- renew the city’s professional property casualty insurance with J.P. West, Inc. for one year at $73,500
- a #300,000 contract with H.J. Russell “to provide program management services during phases of the project development cycle from pre-development and pre-design to closeout, commissioning and facilities management,” although the program and facilities are not named in the agenda item
- a presentation on a resolution requesting local hotel-motel tax legislation
- another presentation on an “Equitable Development Forum”
New business includes:
- council review and approval of statewide mandatory post-construction stormwater management changes
- a request from East Point Power for $18,750 to pay for a change order by Jet Set, LLC.
The public can either call or e-mail comments–but City Clerk Keshia McCullough warns that you can only do one or the other, not both:
- E-mail comments between 6 p.m. and 6:20 p.m. to email@example.com for inclusion in the official meeting minutes; OR:
- Call (404) 290-4303 and leave your name and phone number for a callback during the public comment period.
To contact your East Point councilmember directly, see https://www.eastpointcity.org/city-council/ for e-mail and phone information.