by Robin Kemp
The Clayton County Board of Elections and Registration will begin the Presidential election recount requested by President Donald Trump at 2 p.m. on Tuesday, November 24.
On Nov. 20, Gov. Brian Kemp certified the November 3 election results after election workers in Clayton and other counties completed Georgia’s first-ever hand-counted risk limiting audit. The results confirmed that Biden won the election by 12,670 votes.
The schedule for the recount is as follows:
- Tuesday, Nov, 24: 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 25: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Friday, Nov. 27: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Saturday, Nov. 28: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday, Nov. 29: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Monday, Nov. 30: 9 a.m. until completion
The recount will be done by machine and takes place at 7946 N. McDonough Street in Jonesboro. Clayton County taxpayers will foot the bill.
Observers must wear an official county Elections and Registration badge.