by Robin Kemp
The Clayton County Board of Commissioners will hold a work session at 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 25 to discuss a major new zoning change, MARTA and transit-oriented developments, the Development Authority executive directorship, countywide trash service, and board appointments.
- Preliminary agenda items for the Sept. 1 BOC meeting
- Commissioner Gail Hambrick and MARTA’s Keith Parker discussing transit-oriented development projects
- A new zoning district called “INDP” or “Industrial Park District,” which the agenda says “is intended to provide a land use category specifically for office administration, logistics operations, warehousing and other light industrial operations.” (The Zoning Advisory Group recommended denial of the text amendment on Aug. 3.)
- Zoning Administrator Madolyn Spann on proposed new public sign notices
- Chairman Jeff Turner on “commissioner resolution ownership,” as well as on the process and procedures for placing items on the work session agenda
- Commissioner Sonna Singleton Gregory discussing a “rental occupation tax” and trash service
- Chairman Turner on the Development Authority executive director position and intergovernmental agreement with the BOC
Here are some resolutions related to the INDP proposal, which would apply to parts of Mountain View:
Resolution 2020-83, which the BOC unanimously approved May 19, “initiate(s) Amendments to Appendix A, Articles 2 and 3 to create an Industrial Park Zoning District known as INDP; to set forth the permitted uses and development standards for said District”
Resolution 2020-87, also unanimously passed May 19, initiated rezoning of 32 parcels (with related map changes) to INDP in the Mountain View District.
Resolution 2020-139, passed July 21, added two parcels that were “inadvertently” left off the exhibit in Resolution 2020-87.
The parcels in question do not appear in the posted agenda packets nor are they attached to copies of the resolution on the BOC website. The Clayton Crescent has asked for the list of parcels that would be zoned INDP.
See this year’s zoning matters calendar at https://www.claytoncountyga.gov/Home/ShowDocument?id=9392.